Wednesday, November 12, 2014

change


"if a person wants to be a part of your life, they will make an obvious effort to do so. think twice before reserving a place in your heart for people who do not make an effort to stay."

always hated quotes like this. it reminded me too much of "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" [gandhi]. I thought this motto won't work for any relationship in the long run. concerning friendships, I've never let my pride take the best of me.

I tried to do my best. empathize, apologize. but a person can only take so much, or better: give so much. now I'm not even left with fucks to give anymore. and that's probably the point where you make up quotes like the one above.

a credo I live by is: if I can sleep at night (basically be at ease with myself), then I'm fine. this mostly covers not lying and not being too proud to fix things. I never felt uncomfortable reaching out to people and being rejected - hey, at least I tried!

people change, and so have I. I guess it's alright to stop trying, if even trying itself gives me sleepless nights. I can always trust on people to keep on changing, so maybe one day they will change for the better again. and I will as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment