Monday, February 9, 2015

20 questions about music


I actually stole this tag somewhere and had it in my drafts for ages.. so can't remember who I got it from. mr. google said, it's actually a very common youtube-tag so no original author to be found. for the love of god/music, pass it on and let's share the passion!

1. Which bands/artist do you own the most albums by?
probably pearl jam. they have so many live albums, I can't get enough.

2. What was the last song you listened to?
"after all these years" by silverchair

3. What’s in your CD player right now?
another australian band, powderfinger

4. What was the last show you attended?
die antwoord, january 21, 2015, munich

5. What was the greatest show you’ve ever been to?
pearl jam 2006 in the arena of verona, italy - they played for three hours straight, the colloseum/arena was amazing. me and my sister drove there without tickets, just a number on our phone. I think we both actually paid well over €100 for a ticket but WHO CARES!
also, nine inch nails have left me speechless, I even forgot to applaud.

6. What’s the worst show you’ve ever been to?
when foo fighters played at southside festival in germany, 2008. the sound was horrible, to quote my friend "let's go back to the tent and listen to the cd".
also was quite disappointed by the naked & famous

7. What’s the most musically involved you have ever been?
I don't play any instruments and I had NO rhythm whatsoever until the age of 17 - puberty, I guess?

8. What show are you looking forward to?
30 years of rock im park in june

10. What is your favorite band shirt?
pearl jam 2012 tour shirt. we actually flew into berlin for this show and we arrived so late, I could only buy an XXXL men's shirt, I'm not kidding. I just cut off the sleeves on this one and it actually looks awesome!

11. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?
I'm really scared that I will be disappointed if I meet my favourite musicians, but I honestly think josh homme is a fun guy to hang out with for a beer. and I'd just listen to his voice.

12. Who is one musician or group you wish would make a comeback?
the white stripes. totally missed the opportunity to see them live!

13. Who is one band/artist you’ve never seen live but always wanted to?
funnily enough, in all those years, I've never seen "die ärzte", I've seen 2/3 members on their solo shows, but never the entire band!

14. Name four or more flawless albums:
weezer - blue album
beatseaks - smack smash
foo fighters - self titled
and on a more recent note: kasabian - 48:13 (my album of the year 2014)

15. How many music related videos/DVDs do you own?
weezer's "treasures from the vault" is a masterpiece, it's like a fun roadtrip-documentary with shaky live-material and all their videos up to 2002. I have one more foo fighters live dvd but I simply can't sit down and watch a concert on my couch.

16. How many concerts/shows have you been to, total?
been to countless concerts/festivals for over 10 years now, I actually have a list which counts a total of around 300 different (!) bands I've seen. BOOM. that's where most/all my money goes, obviously.

17. Who have you seen the most live?
must be billy talent or gogol bordello. they play a lot of festivals, great energy!

18. What is your favorite movie soundtrack?
donnie darko. 80s all the way.

19. What was your last musical “phase” before you wisened up?
"wising up" sounds really bad.. but I get what the question's intention is. I'm a total rock person now but I was a HUGE fan of eminem when I was 12. and I still know every word.

20. What’s your “guilty pleasure” that you hate to admit to liking?
a guilty pleasure I was totally unaware of are the spice girls? when in london, guys up and left when I told them I was there for their musical. hahahahahaha YO I'LL TELL YOU WHAT I WANT!

3 comments:

  1. Have to agree with the Foo Fighters self titled as a flawless album :) I've saved this so I can do this tag, it's great :) Rebecca // rebeccamariee.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete