Tuesday, April 28, 2015

#wearealluncool

found this project on instagram (@wearealluncool) and loved the idea behind it. it's tiring to see everybody's seemingly perfect life/meals/faces on social media all the time. we end up comparing our "backstage" life with everybody else's perfect "spotlight"-moments, if I may put it that way.

that time I took care of a bird with a concussion & most people at work thought I was insane.


what this project shows, is that behind all the filters & arranged photos, there's a real person, with real issues. nobody's better than anyone else - and we're not alone with our problems. it's totally fine to be imperfect. here are the reasons I think I'm uncool:

#1: you could say I'm a really disgusting person. dirt, dust, mess - doesn't really bother me at all. I also burp and fart constantly. hey, it's all natural!

#2: I worry so much and try to get out of people's way all the time. my insecurity with strangers is killing me. I'm ashamed of my appearance in front of persons I don't know at all, like - why do I even care?

#3: if I could have it my way, I'd still be 12 years old and in school. I behave childish on any possible occasion. I wore my pikachu sweater a few weeks ago and some guy asked me if I was being serious. I don't think I understood what he even meant with that.
plus, I used to be the absolute geek/teacher's pet in school. I didn't study that much or wanted to have good grades, I just enjoyed learning things - whether maths, history or languages, my brain is a sponge.

get involved: @wearealluncool & #wearealluncool on instagram

5 comments:

  1. I love this post!
    The childish aspect is true for me aswell! =)
    #runningaroundinmyhomersimpsonpullovernotgivingafuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. wearealluncool is such a nice project! Love that you shed light on it on your blog.
    Also, Yes to point number 1, there is nothing wrong with burping and farting (lol i do it too) i mean we're all human! Whoever doest burp or fart i just... unreal!

    X, Carina
    Running White Horses | Fashion + Travel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your kind words. it's the most rewarding feeling to be around people where you can genuinely be yourself.

      Delete
  3. this is an honest post. am glad you had the guts to talk about it. there are so few out there. I am going to try and blog about this and keep it going #wearealluncool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you zab, it's weird how you sometimes think you have to act a certain way, if you can just be yourself and honest instead? also loved your take on the tag, and generally everyone doing it. I think these things should be shared more than your last meal or your perfect selfie ;)

      Delete