Wednesday, July 15, 2015

getting better.

my friend, the tree.

I'm feeling good at the moment. back on track. truth is, admitting you have a problem is half the solution. it really helped me getting it out there, not just on the blog, but also to my friends and people at work. I am not as misunderstood/crazy/sensitive as I thought I am!


WRITE IT DOWN.

I'm all about to-do-lists. my brain is a total mess, so at work I write lists constantly. this stops me from worrying about them all the time (even after work or at night..), as they're written down somewhere anyway! same thing I did with my long-term-goals now.. for example, the countries I want to visit next, or that I want to become a teacher when I'm old and wise!

all these notes are now bold and bright on the wall at the end of my bed, the last thing visible before I go to bed and the first thing I see when I wake up. what I added to those now are my positive qualities as a person. 

GROWING PLANTING SELF ESTEEM.

clothes, looks, paycheck - these things don't define you as a person or your "value". for those assets you might get taken advantage of, but nobody will truly be your friend just because you have a supermodel-body or a rich family. I really had to put things into perspective and force myself to see what I, as a person, am worth.

don't focus on why people might not like me, rather: what do the important people in my life value about me? it's not just OK to by myself, it is essential, vital, life-saving and -changing to be the pure, honest and crazy ME I've always hid on the inside.

FINDING YOUR PLACE.

we are all part of this life - this crazy rollercoaster ride with all ups and downs, and we need eachother. every person plays an important part in another one's life, whether big or small, good or bad. being an individual, we have to embrace our individuality!

I'm lucky enough to call some brilliant characters my friends - if they wouldn't exist, you'd have to make them up! if I can love that gang for unapologetically being themselves, I can be as well.

6 comments:

  1. this is one of my favourite blog posts ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your kind words.
      this is the stuff I want to write, and this post came so effortlessly.
      I simply HAD to share :)

      Delete
  2. A really lovely post. The idea of having goal written down at the end of the bed is such a good one!
    I might have to steal that :P I could do with the positivity :)
    Keep going!

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for taking your time to leave a comment, rachel!
      steal all you like, it does make a difference! :)

      Delete
  3. This is a really touching post Lisi. Glad I found a link to your blog, you have some interesting things to say and a way with words!

    www.camilleinwonderlands.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for your kind words - and likewise! following on every network I can now :)

    ReplyDelete