Wednesday, October 7, 2015

quotes to live by


in case you haven't noticed, I've tidied up the place (meaning blog) a bit around here.. very happy! I like being neat & organized. keep it short & simple, that's what I always say - which takes me straight to my favourite quotes to live by.


the horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius, which they call their point of view.
albert einstein

this is totally what I'm about. learning, ever-challenging, ever-changing yourself and the world around you for the better. evaluate every day, and try to make a difference the next. wisdom is infinite, and we can learn so much from eachother. just because you've always believed something, maybe even your parents before you and every single person on the planet, for centuries.. it still doesn't make it true, if it is simply not. I know some people pride themselves on their point of view as mentionned above, but I don't think this stubbornness is a trait that helps society as a community, at all.


nothing in this world worth having comes easy.
dr. bob kelso [scrubs]

scrubs is probably my favourite tv-show and I will be eternally in love with JD. I can apply this for everything, success at my job as well as relationships. you need to work for it, the perfect life won't just come floating in through the window. most importantly, decisions need to be made, that's the most difficult part of life. with decision comes responsibility, that's where the real work starts! as above, I feel this comes down to pride as well.. don't be afraid to reach out to people, give them that final straw. nothing haunts us more than the chances we don't take, they say, but even more the opportunities we didn't give!


everything was beautiful & nothing hurt.
kurt vonnegut (slaughterhouse five)

this is probably my favourite quote ever, since it is open to many interpretations. it's actually my phone screensaver, because everytime I see it, it puts a smile on my face. while pain seems senseless, a life without it wouldn't have much meaning either. in the end, it's what makes us feel alive, passionate, and treasure the happy moments so much more. I think I want this engraved on my tombstone. alongside my photo in a pikachu-costume. yup, that's how I want to be remembered!

any quotes you'd like to share? it makes great food for thought & my brain is always hungry!

5 comments:

  1. These are such great quotes! thanks for sharing!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quotes! I especially love the one from Einstein, he really said some amazing stuff.

    Here are some of my favourites: =)
    Vi veri veniversum vivus vici.
    This world’s wild at heart and weird on top.
    Das Mantra derer, die nichts zu verlieren haben: ein neues Kapitel aufschlagen, bei Null anfangen, ein neuer Mensch werden.

    ...and about a million more :D (I even have a file on my computer collecting quotes, currently 12 pages long xD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe I should start collecting them too, not just post them on my fb wall. to stay wild & weird is always a good idea :)

      Delete
  3. wundervolle Zitate liebes
    und ich mag das erste Bilder so gerne :)

    alles Liebe deine AMELY ROSE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, tolle Beitr├Ąge,
    wundervoller Blog !

    ReplyDelete