Monday, January 18, 2016

the 7 sins tag [books]


found this tag about beauty somewhere, but I thought it would be more interesting with.. books!


1. GREED: What is the most expensive book in your library and what is the most inexpensive?

funny thing is, books in German language are ridiculously expensive, so that's always a plus when I like to read the original (mostly English) language. usually I don't buy books over € 15, there was never really a book I had to have. in that case I would have borrowed it somewhere.

2. WRATH: Which author do you have a love/hate relationship with?

george r. r. martin. the song of fire & ice series were fucking amazing, even if it took me over a year to read them. and I would never do it again.. and now, the show goes on before "the winds of winter" is released.. it's really sad, but I think nobody understands the pressure he's under. I'm happy to hear he's not willing to release a book just because the entire world is waiting for it!

[side note: to me, the show (and movies, while we're on it) is/are simply a different medium, of course the story is going to differ. if it would be 100 % identical, what use would be watching the show/movie anyway?]

3. GLUTTONY: What book have you deliciously devoured over and over again with no remorse whatsoever?

I simply couldn't contain myself while reading the harry potter novels. me and my sister shared the books, so when they came out we we're basically battling eachother, who would finish faster - and who would read first, of course! I re-read the series twice already, no regrets.

4. SLOTH: What book have you neglected reading due to laziness?

lord of the rings, came halfway through part two. this I'm really ashamed of, since I just love the entire franchise - the movies, soundtracks, actors, new zealand and basically everything about it.

5. PRIDE: What book do you most talk about in order to sound like an intellectual reader?

chuck palahniuk (fight club). everything he writes is simply amazing and quotable. and I urge each and everyone I know to read at least one of his works!

6. LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in male or female characters?

mostly if they're cheeky and flirty. my imagination doesn't really follow the book's description of the physical appearance.

7. ENVY: What books would you most like to receive as a gift?

can't really think of something, maybe a series I wanted to read for so long but never picked up? the hunger games, divergent, eragon.. stuff like that. my birthday's coming up in a few weeks so fingers crossed!

this was a fun tag, a little different to the usual lists/questions. 
I know for a fact that thepunktheory will love this one, but if anybody else would like to pick it up make sure to drop me a line with your blog!

5 comments:

  1. You are so right, I love this tag!
    I absolutelty need to a post :D

    BTW: Completely agree on the Harry Potter Series. It took me less than a month to read the entire series. Simply impossible to put down!
    And Chuck Palahniuk is indeed awesome ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention, if you'd like to read the Hunger Games, I've got the entire series at home. You can borrow it if you like =)

      Delete
  2. ja da hast du wohl recht. Man vergleicht tats├Ąchlich immer seine schlechten Momente mit den anderen seinen guten Momenten :-) eigentlich total doof und jeder hat mal nen schlechten Tag, aber ich denke so sind wir Menschen einfach...

    xoxo, L.
    ----------------
    LiyahGoesHollywood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete