Tuesday, March 15, 2016

a life in quotes


"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, 
the courage to change the things I can, 
and the wisdom to know the difference." 
Reinhold Niebuhr



acceptance.
I can't change my feelings. I simply will never not care. but that's okay, maybe I will get some answers in time, maybe I just need to be patient. until then, I'm left wondering! my subconscience picks up random bits of my past in dreams, which I can't seem to let go.. there used to be a time, when that fact would have made me very angry. now I can accept those emotions as part of the journey.

change.
after starting yoga last summer, I feel a much better connection between my mind, body and soul. apart from the spiritual side, I have never since suffered from back pain as I do sit at a desk most of the day. recently I've joined a pole dance lesson as well, and it's heaps of fun: basically dancing plus a much needed workout, perfect for my spaghetti-arms. very excited for the warmer months to do more outdoor-sports, but also thinking of joining a gym for spring time! there are plenty of options around so I'm itching to give it a try at least.

wisdom.
living is learning, and I've thought about uni or courses I could join once again.. what I found I'm most lacking are social skills, but how do you improve that? there are several rhetoric courses available, but not really sure which to do.. I'm well aware that the easiest thing to do would be to just GO out there and talk to people! every gathering with more than 3-4 people, even if it's my friends, is too much for me at the moment, so I'm a little stuck. got a networking event coming up in three weeks so not much time anyway, I'll just have to wing it!

how's everybody's week so far?

5 comments:

  1. Yoga is such an awesome thing. I was never much of a sporty person but when I started with yoga I instantly felt better - on so many different levels! Now - almost two years later - I even get twitchy when I don't get my daily dose of yoga! Never would have expected that.

    On social skills:
    I'm the most antisocial person ever, I get annoyed with people easily. Although I'm more of a lone wolf I decided to make a change and try to meet new people and make some new friends. Turns out, this is actually easier than you'd think! And of course you get nice people in your life =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's funny, I always thought yoga was just a trendy thing to do! I also feel my body yearning for it now after almost a week!
      and you're great at making friends, you've met me, haha ;)

      Delete
  2. That's because I thought you are awesome and I really wanted to be friends with you! haha^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh yoga keeps me sane. It's not suprising since I remember my mum being really into when I was a kid, so it's weird to think that I've taken in up now. Every time I roll out the little mat it's strange because little four year old me would dance and cartwheel and roly-poly on it once upon a time ahaha.

    I think Yoga is also part of the key to the whole acceptance thing, because I've been feeling pretty similar to that lately, that maybe something is out of my control and there's no use worrying because I can't change it.

    Good luck with the networking. I used to be just the same- social gatherings once gave me the fear, but I've realised that maybe all you can do is give it 100% and hope for the best that it all works out. I'm sure you'll be great Lisi :D x

    Love,

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words, I sometimes wish for more serenity. guess I'll just wing it, haha!
      anyway, it feels great to connect with souls like you around the world simply through words! gotta love the internet, haha!

      Delete