Thursday, May 19, 2016

concert tag


got inspired by youtuber PaigeBackstage, one of the few I know who does music/concert-related content, which I love! it's a rather long and time-consuming tag, and maybe not too much fun to read rather than listening to someone talk about it, but I thought I'd share anway.

1. How many concerts have you been to?
I have no idea.. I've been to probably 20 festivals and around 100 concerts.

2. Which artist/band have you seen the most live? 
muse, billy talent, gogol bordello, foo fighters well over 5 times each

3. First concert you went to? 
sportfreunde stiller, a well-loved german band, in december 2004

4. Last concert you went to?
composer hans zimmer in munich, end of april 2016
that was truly epic!

5. What is your next concert?
for the first time ever, canada's classic: bryan adams in vienna in two weeks!

6. The farthest you’ve traveled to go to a concert? 
had to fly out to hamburg for muse because they put the wrong ticket-link on facebook, haha

7. Best opening act you’ve seen? 
ezra furman (opened for adam green in 2013)

8. Have you met any bands/artists at a concert?
sportfreunde stiller and 30 seconds to mars did a signing afterwards, but you can't really call that "meet"

9. What’s one thing you have to bring to a concert?
as little as possible, if I need to stand I usually don't even bring a purse or jacket.

10. What’s the most you’ve paid for a ticket?
apart from festival tickets, € 130 for sold-out pearl jam in verona

11. Best concert you’ve been to?
moby. biffy clyro. 
best live bands: pearl jam, muse, gogol bordello and nine inch nails!

12. Have you met any internet friends at a concert? 
made internet friends afterwards, haha!

13. Which concert that you’ve been to has had the best stage setup/production?
tenacious d, took me so long to realize it's a penis, not a phoenix.
and it exploded in the end.

14. Have you ever caught a guitar pick, drumstick, got a setlist, etc.?
pick weezer 2005, drumstick franz ferdinand 2009

15. Favourite concert venue?
backstage in munich (so intimate!)

16. Least favourite concert venue?
kesselhaus in munich (really bad sound quality)

17. Who do you enjoy going to concerts with? 
concert buddy nr. one is an old school friend

18. Have you been to multiple dates for one tour?
not really, maybe festival, then concert

19. Have you been to concerts 2 or more days in a row?
yep, over 12 hours of driving involved

20. Have you been front row for a concert? 
of course I try, I am tiny! but it's a struggle and at my age I stop to bother, really.

21. Have you ever gotten sick, bruised, or broken a bone at a concert?
we were a rather small crowd around noon at a festival, and the guy jumped off the stage and little 17-year old me was the only one to try and catch him. just bruised my knee though. plus the usual elbows in my face.

22. Have you ever had surprise guests at a concert you attended? 
surprisingly not!

23. Longest you’ve waited in line for a concert?
since I always travel 2+ hours, I try to be there early. but at festivals I sometimes wait 4-5 hours in line to be the first on the camping ground though.

24. Favourite song you’ve heard live? 
I've heard foo fighters "everlong" for the first time in my life at a festival in 2005 and spent aaages trying to figure out the song because it had such an impact on me.

25. Have you ever been to a meet & greet at a concert?
see question 8, got some autographs from sportfreunde stiller and 30 seconds to mars.

26. Craziest concert experience?
I do have a few of those...


  • speaking of jared leto: we were standing right after the first wave-breaker and he was walking across it at their concert in 2008. he was so close to us, and when I saw him coming I realized nobody tried to touch him. feeling safe in the crowd, I took the chance and grabbed his ass when he walked by. he then scowled at my friend because he thought it was her, haha!


  • for a friend's birthday, we surprised her with tickets to a wombats show in 2008. we got some dinner before and I have the habit of opening the button of my pants when I'm really full. so when we got to the concert, I totally forgot. the venue was tiny and the stage had no borders, only two security guys standing there. we were almost at the front, dancing and jumping. things were getting sweaty and I was stuck in between when I felt my pants drop to my ankles.. it was so tight and sweaty I couldn't get them back up but I thought "nevermind, I'm in between a crowd, nobody even notices!" when suddenly the crowd opened up before me while dancing and I fell head-long onto one of the security guys, with my pants down!


  • in my teenage-years I did a lot of crowd-surfing because I was really tiny and light and people basically threw me into the crowds. once I lost an entire week's supply of tampons (the dandy warhols) and the other time I got dropped onto concrete, but luckily only inches from a huuuge puddle of vomit (the prodigy)!
this was fun, and I could probably talk about my concert-experiences forever. 
do the tag if you feel like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment