Thursday, August 4, 2016

what's up #1


I love lists, I really do.
halfway through the year I wanted to sit down and analyse my status quo. I don't just want to wade through my emotions around on here, so let's see what's been going on recently..

I'm here to inspire as well, ain't I?




a week is not enough. with a fulltime job, extra hours in summer, German classes for refugees, pole dance classes (for me), yoga and a boyfriend there seems to be too little time for everything I want to do!

ALL THE TRIPS. daydreaming about hiking trips, city trips, weekend trips. there's a long weekend coming up soon and I really want to visit my brother who has moved away with his family.

something borrowed. my boyfriend's an avid musician, and of course it's sexy, haha! but I'm really digging that we can jam together now. I was always tempted to learn how to play an instrument, being the music-lover I am, but always considered it was too late (ha, that thought first occured to me when I was 15 already!) so now at 27 I'm finally picking up the ukulele and the drums for starters.

something new. the best ideas happen out of sheer boredom and curiosity. so I tried washing my hair with a rye flour-water mix. I'm on week 4 now and so far it's going great! I've got notes on how I did the "no-poo" transition (I hate that word), so keep your eyes peeled.

getting rid of bad vibes (read: chemicals, animal-cruelty, child-labour, etc.) around day-to-day life is basically this year's motto. it's a slow transition, but these are small changes I really want to make:

  • getting a kindle/ebook instead of buying books for only a one-time use
  • consider fair/eco-friendly options when buying new clothing - and only when really needed!
    what helped me here is maddie's list at dariadaria.com!
  • try to cook more diverse and fresh, was getting inspired by kicki at youtube

so how have you guys been?

3 comments:

  1. I completely know what you mean. I constantly feel like the days are to short for everything I need to get done.
    BTW, there's nothing like a good list, always that kind of post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is definitely never enough time to get everything done! Maybe we all put too much pressure on ourselves. And it's great that you're transitioning to being less wasteful, that's such a good thing to do :)

    alicered.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, doesn't the whole 'no-poo' thing sound so stupid, haha!?

    I also love lists. Lists are greeeeeat!

    Love xx

    ReplyDelete