what I didn't expect...
- donald trump to become president of the US
- right-wing norbert hofer not to become president of Austria (yay!)
history is in the making, and I refuse to be part of the angry mob.
use your brain. your voice. your actions. and in that order, please.
on a lighter note:
what I realized this year...
- I miss sleeping in dirt next to drunk teens. festival tickets booked for 2017!
- if I don't consciously decide to take a step back, my body will leave me without a choice.
- while 2015 was about getting to know myself better, I definitely appreciated myself more in 2016.
what surprised me this year...
- I can have fun on a halloween party without drinking.
- I now find a spa weekend highly desirable (had two within a month!).
- when left without a choice, I can hustle. three jobs to pay back medical expenses, big fat DONE!
- holidays: spa, another spa, vienna, hiking & pizza in italy, work-related (berlin, stockholm & stuttgart)
- concerts: bryan adams, juliette & the licks, biffy clyro
- personal: after an entire year, finally getting the knack of being a girlfriend, haha!
what I'll take with me for 2017...
- stay true and honest to myself, voice my opinion straight forward.
- have even more faith in my abilities. I AM AWESOME.
- remain on my path away from consumerism.
I'm looking forward to some quiet time now,
watching the nieces & nephew enjoy Christmas.
how are you spending the holidays?