Monday, January 16, 2017

gym: 8 in 12

so I decided to grab 2017 by the balls, right away.

thankfully, I was always sort of in shape, rather on the skinny side growing up with a given gift of endurance. but in my 20s I realised, I'm not a young little mountain goat anymore. clothes got tighter and my back pain got worse.

first yoga worked for me, but after some snowboard tumbles, my vertebrae weren't having it. so I started out with poledance, which really does improve your core muscles. but the set lessons were a drag, so I decided to switch to the local gym.

starting out with biking and some other machines, I kinda liked it. but soon life got in the way of regular visits, and truth is, I couldn't really improve or tell a difference. maybe the regime was a bit too little demanding in hindsight.

however, I had already paid for half a year of membership. so when I got a week off after christmas, I took the chance and went straight for my upgraded fitness routine on Jan 2. it was tough... I despise biking, but I forced myself through.

and then I went every. single. day. 4 days in a row even - there were still some bank holidays. after my first day off training, I could really feel the improvement. hitting the gym every other day has proved a miracle for me.

the gains so far: stronger & more enduring in training, and I hardly feel tired during the day, like ever. I need less sleep and I'm so incredibly motivated to push myself I really enjoy riding that wave. I know I won't lose weight, and honestly, I don't want to. 

as long as my body is pain-free, I'm happy to do whatever the trainers through at me!
simply moving your body is good for the soul.

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the work!
    It's so true that exercise really makes you feel better in general. For me yoga did the trick. However, I always thought it's all bullshit until I finally gave it at try :P

    ReplyDelete