Monday, January 30, 2017

my favourite veggie burgers



love me a good meat-alternative. the possibilites are ENDLESS.


burgers are such a comfort food for me, right behind pizza. this may sound mega-unhealthy, but I'm a firm believer that everything I prepare myself, simply can't be that bad.


when it comes to burgers, I'm more on the classic side: bun, salad, tomato, cheese & sauce. boom. what's missing is the patty, and that's where I like to change things up:

CARROT-PEANUT BUTTER
oh yeah, this is a tasty one! grate the carrots, add a few spoons of peanut butter and bread crumbs (about a third of the carrots), a splash of lemon juice and seasoning. keep in fridge for an hour and fry on medium heat.
somebody sent me a screenshot in a vegan group on facebook, so can't really quote the original source, so sorry!

CORN
this corn fritter is made of a can of corn, regular flour and corn starch and egg - some milk and/or oil to smooth it out. first, pan-fry the corn shortly, then add them to the other ingredients.
I found this recipe in the game of thrones cook book, no joke. and I put it in a bun. genius.

my all-time favourite: LENTIL
this is by far the easiest recipe: cook some lentils in vegetable broth, after draining, add roughly the same amount of flour, a spoon of mustard and your spices of choice. done. I couldn't believe they were so robust while roasting!
recipe inspired by derbiokoch.de [german]

PURIST
simply fry a slice of pumpkin.

spice up your life: sea salt, black pepper, curry powder, chili flakes, fresh garlic or garlic oil

final step: one oil to roast them all = coconut. it can handle the heat a lot better than olive oil, for example.

enjoy!
and if you have any other good burger ideas, GIVE THEM TO MEEE!

5 comments:

  1. The peanut butter one sounds delicious! So need to try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a vegetarian and so this post could not be more perfect! Going to try and work my way through all the recipes :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never had a carrot and peanut butter patty but it sounds so interesting!

    ReplyDelete