after starting out in Summer, here's my no-poo update after half a year already!
- long story short, I remain convinced.
- I still wash my hair with a rye flour-water mix, rinse with cold water and apple vinegar, and apply argan oil to the tips, read up on how I started here.
- it took me roughly 4 months to finish 500 g of rye flour (only for hair wash use), adding up to € 1,50. incredible.
- after the transition phase, my hair now has a slight greasy feel in the mid-lengths right after washing, but it gets nicest on days 2-5.
- with that stated, I usually wash after 5-7 days and let it air dry.
- my scalp is in a sensational condition. no dandruff.
- it does get itchy if I don't rinse out the flour thoroughly. I throw in an extra scalp massage now!
- I tried adding coffee grounds to the mix - while it did have a clean feel (& heavenly smell), it was an absolute drag getting it out. alternatively, you can add drops of oil like lavender, etc. for a lovely smell!
- nobody could tell I changed my hair routine. but it feels good using nothing but water, flour, vinegar and oil. like a hairy salad.
if you've got some time on your hands
and feel somewhat lost with your scalp/hair care routine -
why not try it?