Friday, July 7, 2017

bullet journal: evolution of the weekly spread

finally, after half a year, I have perfected the weekly spread to suit my needs.



this was my first ever weekly spread, I basically just went for it. events, to do's, journalling and I started documenting the weather and what I eat even then, something I keep up until this day.




and then the boxes came. I'm a very neat person, so I like borders and stuff. I quickly figured out what my weekly spreads need to include:

  • weekly overview of tasks & events
  • tracking weather & what I ate
  • events & to do's
  • space for journalling
as you see I printed off some photos on sticky paper, went back and decorated or put them to the actual day it happened. this is something I like to do when I find the time, to give it more of a scrapbook-feel.

 

 

 


so I've switched up the boxes to fit in more prompts, as well as a weekly to do list. also went all out artsy with water colours and felt pens. having a colourful spread does make it more fun to look at!


these are my two most beautiful spreads, in my humble opinion. the first being minimal black & white, and the second one built around the robin artwork.



I always refused to spread the week into two, but it just makes sense. I have seen a lot of people do this with events/appointments: have a seperate column of the week for those, and another list of days for the upcoming daily tasks. and it all came together nicely, it's a lot cleaner, clearer and more structured.




so here we are, at my current weekly spread for next week. tasks & events on the left, documenting weather and food on the right, as well as a weekly to-do and space for memories & journalling. I like to stick with one or two colours combined with a simple black pen. the lemon inspiration came from miss loui's youtube video, because she is my absolute bujo-queen at the moment!

hope you enjoyed, I'm still in love with the bullet journal system. 
you can simply flip the page and pour out whatever's on your mind!

similar reads:

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, I keep trying and trying but I cannot find the perfect layout for myself! This has given me some mega inspiration though.

    ReplyDelete